Welcome to Hungerford Food Community. We love food and community, inspiring people of all ages to cook and grown their own!
We are very grateful for donations which will kindly be matched by Greenham Trust on our Food & Cooking in the Hungerford Community project on the Good Exchange.
What do we offer?
- Monthly food and artisan markets with over 30 local stalls from April to October to reduce food miles and support local producers (see Monthly Market tab for dates)
- Cooking demonstrations of seasonal recipes, veg/fuit/herb seed & plant swaps and foil recycling at the markets
- Community Cook-In (Sat 8 July) bringing people together to cook with ingredients that would be thrown away by supermarkets.
- Online cooking course for local residents on a budget who have not cooked before, in partnership with West Berkshire Foodbank and the award-winning Bags of Taste scheme
- Cooking with young people at Hungerford Primary School, Hungerford Youth Club and Big Cook, Little Cook workshops for parents and their little ones.
- Funding for ovens and cookery equipment at Hungerford Primary School and Hungerford Nursery School.
- Food waste composting and minimisation tips using up leftovers
If you would like to volunteer with us, please email email@example.com