Welcome to Hungerford Food Community. We love food and community, inspiring people of all ages to cook and grown their own!
Our last market of 2022 is Sunday 2 October 10am to 1pm. We will be pressing apples into juice so please bring along your apples (and pears)!
Thanks to everyone’s support of our Heritage Festival and Food & Artisan Market on Sunday 11 September at The Croft Field Centre, RG17 0HY. After careful consideration, we decided to go ahead as this is a community event. In tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and had a minute’s silence and a Book of Condolences for visitors to sign.
Pop along for a great line-up of over 40 local stalls from local beer, cider, honey, beef and rapeseed oil to scones, fudge, pies, organic sourdough bread, beautiful wooden chopping boards and artisan gifts. There will be lots of street food too so come hungry!
Find out about the Town & Manor of Hungerford’s historic Picket Mead orchard, have a go at milking Daisy the cow, making your own butter and a dairy picture quiz for the whole family. Meet some very cute ferrets, watch them race and find out about their working history dating back to the Middle Ages.
Live cooking demonstrations will include the best way to cook venison, how to preserve your veg in the traditional way without a freezer and WWII recipes for apple cake and bread and butter pudding,
With Garston Gallopers morris dancing and live music throughout the day, this festival is not to be missed.
Free entry. Well behaved dogs welcome on leads.
Parking is limited at the Croft so please see this map of parking in town:
Besides our monthly markets from April to October, what else do we offer?
- Monthly food and artisan markets with over 30 local stalls from April to October to reduce food miles and support local producers (see Monthly Market tab for dates)
- Cooking demonstrations of seasonal recipes, veg/fuit/herb seed & plant swaps and foil recycling at the markets
- Community Cook-In (Sat 8 July) bringing people together to cook with ingredients that would be thrown away by supermarkets.
- Online cooking course for local residents on a budget who have not cooked before, in partnership with West Berkshire Foodbank and the award-winning Bags of Taste scheme
- Cooking with young people at Hungerford Primary School, Hungerford Youth Club and Big Cook, Little Cook workshops for parents and their little ones.
- Funding for ovens and cookery equipment at Hungerford Primary School and Hungerford Nursery School.
- Food waste composting and minimisation tips using up leftovers
If you would like to volunteer with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi. I left a message for you on your website contact form, but never got a reply. Please email or phone. Thanks.
Hi Nick – thanks for contacting us. We will email you shortly.
Your event has only just been brought to my attention. I don’t imagine you have any exhibitor space left. Do let me know. John Coyle
Hi there I am one of the chefs at the tally ho and was wondering what the result of the contest were??
Hi Chris – thanks for entering. Judges were impressed with all the entries. Results now posted on the website under 2016 Competitions.
Good morning Penny
Gert @ Blandy’s Restaurant has asked me to get in touch with you. I have worked with Gert on a few Food & Wine Pairing events with Gert.
I am a small vineyard owner & wine producer in the south of France. I grow all of my grapes and make it in my winery at the foothills of Mont Noir in Trassanel, France.
Could you let me know if I could have a stall at your Festival on 6 October 2019. Close to Gert if possible!
Please email me at email@example.com or telephone 07860 205353.
Thank you & kind regards
EARL je suis esther
Hello, could someone please send me the website link for the tree replanting project, I took some saplings last week and need to care for them! Thanks 🙂
Hello, I have a vegan food stall gazebo and I sell vegan food, burgers, hot dogs, deli, desserts and I am interested to trade at your event.
Can we get in contact.